Friday, April 20, 2007

Time for Change !

I’m done with school work and totally burnt out. So I take a 3-day vacation with my kids and leave our home to the sea. I spent 3 days without the laptop, the mobile phone, newspapers, TV or any connection with the “outer world”. I had a DVD and a book that I randomly selected from the pile of books and documentaries I kept for when the time is right!


The kids and I were determined to have a great time and we did. The weather was unbelievably beautiful. I spent the day on the beach reading my book and watching the kids swimming and building their perfect little city in sand. Needless to say, I loved the book! I couldn’t put it down.

As I read, I thought “what a perfect timing!!” Then I watched the DVD, with my kids, and I was certain this was no coincident. It is time for CHANGE!









I will write in details later about both The Secret and The Zahir. But what I wanted to share with you for now is my new revelation. I was wise staying out of politics. I was smart focusing on my home and children and what really matter to ME. It was correct to assume that there is hope in everything and everybody. And I was right seeking what really makes me happy. I was on the right track and lost my way. And now the universe is conspiring to lead me back on track.

Both the book and the DVD address, through different approaches, address how we trap ourselves into patterns of thinking that bring us depression, misfortune, and anxiety. The irony is that we create these patterns in search of HAPPINESS. Once you get the courage to break these patterns, the WORLD changes.

The great thing is that this is not philosophy or psychology; it’s Quantum Physics!

I will be explaining more about that, but for now I just wanted to promise you: No more wining, no more bad news and no more “cursing the dark”. I will either light a candle, or give you a smile or simply shut up!

9 comments:

eshda3wa said...

glad you had a good time
time away from the world is just what you need to re energize and get back on track

Anonymous said...

ummel3yal..I love u and I am happy for you...from the bottom of my heart wallah....and God bless your children....smelah 3alich ow 3ala 3yalich ow rabi y7afethkum min kel shar

and I can't comment on what u wrote..simply cuz I dont think there is anything more to be said :)

you are right though...we are the ones who decide if we are gonna be happy or depressed :)

I am thankful...and will always be thankful for everything I have and anything I get...wallah its the key to happiness and serenity

"wa en shakartom la azeedanakum" is my motto in life =D

UmmEl3yal said...

Hiiiii eshda3wa love .. Great to see you dear :) You are right! I really needed the break. But most of all I needed a good book that wasn't a textbook or a political drama :)

7akima .. my favourite daughter :) Hi love :) If you haven't watched The Secret yet, you have to!

The second step of the process of sucess is being grateful to the things you already have as you rightly said.

Check us as Kuwaitis, we argue over a 200 KD men7a and fight for a 50 KD raise like our lives depended on it. But we forget how lucky we are to have a country, a job, a house, a car and no taxes!

Those who are REALLY happy enjoy what they have while they passionately persuit what they want.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ummel3yal,

First of all did you miss me? ditto!! I was away on a peaceful break with my own self. I didn't move alot from my lazy boy (due to some health issues) but I did all the old time goodies of meditating and constructive thinking. I'm glad you enjoyed your 3-days get away. You should do more of that more often.

I've found out three years ago when I was faced with one of life's misfortunate incidents that agonizing and dwelling on unhappy issues only makes life worse and spread negativity within ourselves and among others. I sometimes envy the naive ignorant people who live their lives "3al baraka" coz afterall let's face the reality: We can't change the world! But we certainly can change the way we see the world.

Viva positivity!

luv yaa :* (never stopped)

Kind regards,
Geish@

Anonymous said...

Your vacation sounds like a little bit of heaven! Is that an OWL on the post to the right in the photo?

UmmEl3yal said...

Giesh@@@@@@@@@@ ... How are you love? Missed you SO much! I was really worried about you but thought you might need your privacy.

How are you?! Kids? Hubby? Hope all is well. Great to have you back :)

Part of the "Secret" is positive thinking. But most is about changing and altering reality by mastering your day. It kind of builds of "what the bleep do we know" findings. Do watch the movie if you didn't. Works magic with the kids :)


Howdy Intlxpatr .. How are you dear?!

It was a GREAT break! I only found out how much I needed it after I actually tried it :)

Yes, this is an owl but the photo is a download from Google. I was looking for something representing a new day :)

Anonymous said...

dear um um :*

I havent seen it yet, I will inshallah. Kids, hubby and all are fine I'm running the "1-2-3 magic" rule on everyone lol it's really working!! Thanx to you :)

Awaiting to hear more about the documentary in your next blog.


Love,
Geish@

Anonymous said...

Is it a coincidence that we both ran into this DVD almost on the same time? Is it a coincidence that this time is also the most critical time in my life? And yes dear I practiced it and still doing so. I don’t understand Quantum physics no matter how much I read about it or watch DVD’s, it just blows my mind every time I try to get deeper. But as I said I practiced the secret and so far it’s going well, but I’d have to wait and see the final result and then I’ll be more able to judge.
And Zahir is a book I had since the day it was out, I love Paulo Coelho, but I never got to read that book, and now I can’t take it with me :(

Anonymous said...

salam

you are being missed :)

inshallah all is well