Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Secret

The basic idea behind The Secret is the Law of ِِAttraction which, based on simple quantum physics, states that our reality is a manifestation of our thoughts which are basically electromagnetic fields or signals and, as with any field, our thoughts attract other fields with compatible polarity. In short, our thoughts (both conscience and unconscious) create our reality.

When your thoughts are negative (e.g. fear, anxiety, depression) you tend to draw more misery to yourself. For example if you worry about illness or debt or unemployment it will come to you! Something like what the Egyptian say (اللي يخاف من الجن يطلع له). Or as someone on the DVD said “what you think about comes about”. Or, on the flip side, “what you resist persists “.

Thus the first advice is to keep feeling good and surrounding yourself with things that give you positive thoughts (كن جميلا ترى الوجود جميلا).

When you emit positive energy you will attract more positive energy from the universe and hence your reality becomes better. Pets, music and children have been shown as effective tools of changing mindset to a more positive frequency.

Two main processes play a role in playing the Law of Attraction to your advantage: Gratitude and Visualization. Gratitude (being grateful for the things you have) works in several ways, but mainly it makes you feel better by focusing on what you have rather than what you miss and hence sets your mind into a more positive mood that will attract more positive reality for you (وأن شكرتم لأزيدنكم).

MRI shows that the body cannot really distinguish between reality and imagination. If you imagine something, your brain and body will react as if it was a reality. Visualizing is the process of living your dream (or wants) because “If you are there in your mind, you will go in your body” and once you are tuned in body and mind on what you want it will materialize.

The creative process of creating your day is the basic principle of any religion: (1) Ask, (2) Believe and (3) Receive, with emphasis on Gratitude and focus on the end result and not the how’s. You can Ask in formal or informal prayers to any God you believe in or simply to the energy of the Universe or yourself. In all cases, it has to be to something you really Believe in. The belief will allow you to Receive because you know you are worth it!

This is a summary of what I got from the DVD, I will leave it to you to question and learn more.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salamm :)

very thoughtful analysis...seems somewhat true to me...but what about fate and destiny!!!

positive thinking does attract positivity!! BUT Do we decide our fate and destiny as well?

UmmEl3yal said...

Hi love,

It's actually beyond positive thinking and the new trend of positive psychology. It is about shaping your destiny by attracting what you want and repelling what you don't want.

So in terms of destiny and fate, its about shaping and creating your destiny by changing your mindset which goes well with (ان الله لا يغير ما بقوم حتى بغيروا ما بأنفسهم ).

Organic Kuwait said...

nicely written, thank you :)

UmmEl3yal said...

Ony dear,

Thank you for passing by and giving me the chance to know about your blog and website. I loved both! Great job :) I wish you were there when I had my kids. I had to learn it all on my own :(

AyyA said...

Sweet friend
I believe in the secret although I do not understand quantum physics. One thing that puzzles me and I have been trying to search it, but still confused. Quantum physics works on quantum level, but does it really work on our level or the level of the universe? Unfortunately; there are no solid prove that it does. All we have are just individual experiences, which does not suffice if we are talking about approved science. Yet, laws of physics are constant, and what works on the quantum level should logically work on other levels, and that’s why I’m somewhat skeptical but at the same time hopeful for more research in this area.
Thanks sweetie for reminding me of being positive, it seems like with the tragedies in life we tend to forget and need a wake-up call

UmmEl3yal said...

Hi dear,

The principles of quantum physics is extremely challanging and require a lot of imagination :) To fully grasp the concepts one has to abandon all what has been learned in classic physics which is not a easy thing to do.

In terms of the universe, you can not understand the death of stars and black holes without quantum physics.

But, if I read your question correctly you are wondering why the "Secret" doesn't work on the social or collective level?

It doesn't in my opinion because we lack "focus" on the social level. We all want things to be better, but we do not agree on what is better. Hence we can not change the reality because of energies cancel each others. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

Ummel3yal allah eykhaleehom lech..

I miss you and your wisdom, I've read a book long time ago on the theory of coincedence which was very interesting in some aspects. This for some reason reminds me of it. The resemblence is in the way life is conceptualized around us. It's not only about how we see and understand (or at least try to understand) the world we live in, it's about how we react and interact with it. I'm a naturally born visualizer and when bad thongs come my way I focus on the other good stuff God had given me. I believe this is what distinguishes between a strong and a weak pearson. It's what you tell yourself and that way you look at things. This is a good example of و هل يستوي الدين يعلمون والدين لايعلمون؟

Btw, you mentioned a DVD, can you please share with us the titles of DVDs you get these valuable info from?

Thank you for being such a valuable source of knowledge. Keep up the good work ;*

Love,
Gheish@

UmmEl3yal said...

Geish@ love,

How are you?! Miss you so much :)

Your example is great hon. It's not just positive thinking. It is a matter of CREATING your own reality.

I recommend The Secret book or DVD which you can find on Amazon or direct from this site:

http://shop.thesecret.tv/Shops/DVD_Offer.php

I also recommend "what the bleep.." at Amazon also or direct from:

http://www.whatthebleep.com/

There is also a blog for the Secret:

http://what-is-the-secret.blogspot.com/

My new discovery is the book "blink"

http://www.gladwell.com/blink/

I simlpy LOVE it :))

Anonymous said...

I love your Blog , REally its interesting , and nice.

keep it up and way to go ;)

Cute Something From UAE , Dubai

http://cute9oo9ah.spaces.live.com

UmmEl3yal said...

Thank you Cute Something for passing by and your kind remark :)

Anonymous said...

Ummel3yal :*

I miss you too.. Congrats on completing your studies/research elfal lee :) Next Feb. inshallah. I've ordered the DVDs and I found that the book I read 7-8 years ago is now on DVD it's called "The Celestine Prophecy" which my husband and I had a bog argument on. I would like to hear your feedback on it :)

Love,
Geish@

Anonymous said...

Don’t you think it is time for a new post?! I mean your articles in el jaridah are great but we miss the personal touch … :)

UmmEl3yal said...

Geish@ love,

I have to say I did not read or see The Celestine Prophecy. But from the previews it seems very close to Paulo Coelho The Pilgrimage. If so, then I would have to agree :)

I have ordered the book anyway :) So I will read it and come back to you ;)


Anon dear,

Glad someone is reading my e-mails :)

Sorry for not writing as frequent. I want to but I run out of time faster than ever :(

Hope you like my new post!

insight said...

Great job ummel3yal.i like it.
i believe in shaping greating our destiny, even though some times it hard to do it in a society like the one we are living in.
when we are alone its easy , but when you are 10 ,and you are the only one who is shaping and creating, it becomes hard and some times it is imposible to shapf even your own destiny according to what you believe in , or what you want.But we will keep on trying.

Anonymous said...

hey bodies
i live in Egypt and don't know how to get this book if anyone here knows plz tell me how to get one ?
where it be sold?
plz contact me :
mr_seto@hotmail.com